Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy New Year- 2014 Goals

Better late than never! As I look back over 2013, I have accomplished and experienced so much! Looking forward to everything 2014 will bring. There are many challenges ahead that I've been able to mentally prepare myself for such as the baby and my husband taking on a new career (yes all at once, bring it on 2014!). There will also be many surprises as life always brings, bracing myself for a big year of change!

My goals this year primarily revolve around healthy habits (isn't that always the theme though!):
  • I've enjoyed having practically non-diabetic blood sugars during pregnancy. I don't expect to keep them quite as rigid, but certainly close to it! 
  • I've decided to make clean eating a priority. I've been doing a lot of online reading on eating clean and talking to my husband about meal plans. We created a grocery list and meal idea list to keep on our fridge. This will hopefully make grocery trips easier as well as being able to quickly think of healthy meals for dinner.



  • I look forward to getting back to a great fitness routine. I expect it to be a challenge with the new baby.  Since being in shape for me is 80% nutrition and only 20% exercise, when it comes to prioritizing if I only have time to prepare clean meals I will be doing that over working out. This will be hard for me because I can be a little addicted to my workouts.
  • Speaking of that new baby. Sleep is my other priority. Getting as much of it as possible, even when it's impossible!
  • More stretching and yoga to sleep better and feel better.
  • Drink a gallon of water a day.
  • Play. I told my husband that we have to make sure we continue to be active with our baby. Keep climbing, surfing, hiking, traveling and adventuring!
  • I made a calendar and goal list to help me keep track of clean eating, workouts, and when I've had a "cheat meal".

The big picture goal is to take great care of myself so I can be the best mother and wife to my boys!! I'm nervous excited for the changes coming in 2014!! Trying to enjoy the calm before the beautiful chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment